Savannah, GA – December 6, 2013 – With the recent passing of Thanksgiving and World Toilet Day, we were reminded to be thankful for all good things, especially our toilets. Without the invention of the flush toilet, there would be no luxury portable bathroom, no Royal Restrooms, and oh, what a dismal world it would be.
In honor of the toilet and its famous sidekick toilet paper, we collected a few historical, or hysterical, fun facts for your reading enjoyment and portable restroom education.
- British nobleman Sir John Harrington is credited with inventing the first flush toilet in 1596. His name is thought to be the origin of the slang term “john,” a popular name for the toilet. A Royal Restroom wouldn’t be the same without the flush toilet, aka “throne.”
- The Chinese are credited with inventing toilet paper in 1391 during the reign of the Hongwu emperor. Each sheet measured 2 feet by 3 feet, indicating that His Highness must have greatly valued a clean hiney. Every Royal Restroom is stocked with premium paper products, emperor-approved.
- The first toilet in the White House was installed in 1825 during the presidency of John Quincy Adams. At that time only the wealthy could afford indoor toilets. Up until the last decade, the same held true for luxury restroom trailer rentals, which would run into the thousands of dollars per rental. Royal Restrooms revolutionized the industry and made bathroom trailer rentals affordable for everyone.
- Find out for yourself. Get a rental quote on a luxury mobile restroom for your upcoming outdoor event.
- All living U.S. Presidents have had the fortunate opportunity to experience a Royal Restroom. From national party conventions to Chelsea Clinton’s wedding and Barack Obama’s inauguration, Royal Restrooms have graced presidential events for nearly 10 years. You don’t have to be a president to enjoy Royal Restrooms. They were made for you!
Ancient Chinese royalty and British noblemen would be honored to see that their inventions made their way into contemporary Royal Restrooms. See the bathroom features and amenities that transform portable toilets into the regal portable restroom experience™, fit for royalty and enjoyed by “commoners” everywhere.
The fun facts in this blog were collected by independent third party sources…for the fun of it!
Reserve a Luxury Portable Restroom or Shower Trailer for your wedding or special event now.